Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cramming for the Test

This week at church Tyler stated something that really hit home. He asked us when the last time we sat down with God and studied his word for hours. As a student for essentially everyday of my life thus far, I have spent countless hours cramming for tests and exams. Now, that isn't to say that was fun or enjoyable at all. However, it was a priority. The week of exams, I clear my schedule and study hard because I want to do well.

So I am claim to want to "do well" for the Lord, but I have yet to force myself to sit down and really learn his Word, so that I can be ready for the "tests and exams" of life that come my way. I need to make this my main priority. Thus, I plan to require myself to really take time to do this occasionally and I am recruiting your help to do it. I need to be held accountable for this. So by the end of November, I will have spent a chunk of time just studying God's word. I would love to have some company or some people to just do the same. I will post more details of my plans in the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are talking about. It seems like I just don't have the time to put in the time to study God's Word. My goal for the upcoming weeks is to start taking 5 minutes a day from each big task for the day, such as a homework assignment, I have to do and add them up to make some time to put studying the bible. You maybe could make this work for you. I plan to start this tactic next week and maybe I'll be successful!